Re: st: St: interpret the result of Hausman test

From   Muhammad Anees <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: St: interpret the result of Hausman test
Date   Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:55:26 +0500

Although not a universal rule but more conventional to compare the
p-value to 0.05. If p<0.05, reject the null and the other way arround.
SO what p-value in your case (0.0687) is greater than 0.05, so you can
reject the NULL but I am not sure how much straightforward that
rejection would be. Look arround for more references if you are not
covenced on these simple rules.

Best
Anees

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Hoang Dinh Quoc <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have read about it and it is not clear to me about the interpretation of
> the result. It suggests to compare the coefficients of OLS and 2SLS and
> suggests the large difference means to reject the null (not problem with
> endogeneity); but it does not say how large to reject; for example I am not
> sure with the value chi2(1)= 3.31 and Prob>chi2 =0.0687 I can conclude to
> reject or not?
>
> Thanks.
> Quoc
>

> Test:  Ho:  difference in coefficients not systematic
> chi2(1) = (b-B)'[(V_b-V_B)^(-1)](b-B)
>                        =        3.31
>            Prob>chi2 =      0.0687
> (V_b-V_B is not positive definite)