st: ODBC connection to Oracle too big data types when loading

From   Zita Helle <zita.helle@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: ODBC connection to Oracle too big data types when loading
Date   Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:34:15 +0200

 I am connecting to an Oracle 10g database with the Stata 11 ODBC
connection, and it seems like all number types become double when
into Stata at once, since it would only fit in Stata's memory, if the
correct data types were used/it was compressed. Is there any way to
control this? Or to make Stata to somehow compress the data while

 Thank you very much.

 Best Regards, Zita