Re: st: how to show "dots" in a loop?

From   Joerg Luedicke <>
Subject   Re: st: how to show "dots" in a loop?
Date   Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:38:45 -0700

A good way to tackle a problem like that is to look into the source
code of programs that actually do what is desired. Inspecting the file
-bootstrap.ado- reveals that Stata is using some undocumented program
for these dots (-findfile _dots.ado-). Have a look at this little
example program:

set obs 1000
gen x=runiform()

program define dots