Re: st: Probabilities as predictor variables

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Probabilities as predictor variables
Date   Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:58:47 +0100

A second take is that I don't see any objection to a predictor defined
on the interval [0,1] or (0, 1). But what functional form would make
sense? Depends on the application, but it might well be that you would
be better off working with say logit x rather than x, for similar but
not identical reasons to those for using logits for the response in
the usual model.