Re: st: psmatch outputs interpretation

From   Adam Olszewski <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: psmatch outputs interpretation
Date   Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:07:02 -0400

Jennifer -
-psmatch2- is a module to perform propensity score matching. If you
set the options, then the output is what you requested: the
logistic/probit model that you have programmed, the ATE/ATT effect
that you requested (with a bootstrap validation if you request it),
and the variables (such as _pscore and _weight) to help you run other
outcome analyses, as you requested. If you have a hard time
understanding the output, then probably you need to start with
studying the methodology. The module is only providing the information
you requested.
-pstest- performs measurement of bias reduction after matching - and
provides the "t-test" style evaluation of bias reduction (of note:
this test has been highly criticised as a measurement for model
adequacy because of its dependence on the sample size and should
likely not be used unless for general guidance). The output is, again,
exactly what you program into it: the variables you want to test, the
amount of bias before and after matching with % reduction, and the
test statistic that you requested (F or p-value).
AO