Re: st: Testing for parallel slopes when working with survey commands

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Testing for parallel slopes when working with survey commands
Date   Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:33:39 -0500

At 08:40 AM 4/16/2012, Gitit Kadar Satat wrote:
I'm analysing ordinal survey data using the survey commands (in
particular - ologit). I've tried to apply the Brant test to check for
the "parallel slopes" assumption but stata retrieved an error message
which stated that Brant doesn't work on ologit models with weights.
Could anyone suggest a test for parallel slopes that can be used on
ologit models that uses survey data (that is; with survey commands)?

Many thanks in advance!

Gitit Kadar Satat

The -gologit2- program, available from SSC, can test for violations of parallel lines when using survey commands. For more, see

http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/gologit2/index.html

Also see section 3.3 of http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=st0097 . Note that you use the -svy- option instead of the -svy- prefix.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227