st: Generate time variable with gaps

From   Muhammad Akram <aasim548@hotmail.com>
To   Stata List <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Generate time variable with gaps
Date   Sun, 15 Apr 2012 23:38:23 +0500

Dear Stata Users,

I have a time series data. Time is on yearly basis and some other variables and their corresponding values. I want to convert this data to quarterly basis using some imputation commands. I want to change time variable from yearly to quarterly format but generating gaps so that I can impute values for other variables. I tried it using excel by inserting rows and than generating time variable. Is there any simple way in Stata. I should be greatful for guidance.

Thanks

aasim