st: order of arguments

From   tashi lama <>
To   <>
Subject   st: order of arguments
Date   Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:29:59 +0000

Hellow All,

     I am writing a do file ( which will have 3 arguments a, b and c. When I run

do test apple 4 5

stata will think apple as a, 4 as b and so on. This might be a problem if your program displays the first argument and adds the last two and you run it in wrong order

do test 4 apple 5

Is there a way to have stata understand that apple is argument a, 4 is a and 5 is c despite the order of the parameters while running?