Re: st: van der Waerden transformation

From   "Joseph Coveney" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: van der Waerden transformation
Date   Fri, 13 Apr 2012 02:56:52 +0900

Maarten Buis wrote (excerpted):

I would be interested to hear if someone knows of an application where
this transformation would make some sense. I cannot imagine one, but
that may just be due to my lack of imagination.

One is the "van der Waerden test", which you can Google in order to find out
more about its putative advantages.  You can do do this test using the
user-written command -emh- (downloadable from SSC) with the
-transformation(vdw)- option.

Joseph Coveney