RE: st: Suggestion - Citing references from Stata Journal

From   Thees Spreckelsen <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Suggestion - Citing references from Stata Journal
Date   Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:53:54 +0100

Hi,
I would add:

Free automatic import into EndNote, BibTeX, RefManager etc.
is also available through Google Scholar.

The preferences in Google Scholar allow to specify this option.
(See for How-to: http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/Import/faq11.asp)

I could find any STATAjournal article listed on ideas.repec.org through GoScholar, too.

Thees
From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of Maarten Buis [[email protected]]
Sent: 12 April 2012 14:36
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Suggestion - Citing references from Stata Journal

I do not understand the hostility here, nor do I understand the need to SHOUT.

Anyhow, a solution was already proposed: the listings on the SSC
archive. This includes (usually within days) references to all
articles appearing in the Stata Journal. A complete list of articles
can be found here: <http://ideas.repec.org/s/tsj/stataj.html>.

Say you want to download John Gallup's article in the latest Stata
Journal, than you look it up on the site given above, follow the link
(in this case <http://ideas.repec.org/a/tsj/stataj/v12y2012i1p3-28.html>)
and look for the heading "Bibliographic Info". There you will find
"Download reference", which will allow you to download a citation in
various formats, including the formats you asked for.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen