st: Regressions with constant independent variable

From   Fabian Schönenberger <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Regressions with constant independent variable
Date   Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:54:54 +0200

Dear Statalist
I would like to run a regression like Y=a + b*x + c*z + e for panel data. ID
is cusip, and t is fyear, x is sales and z is growth of sales.
I would like to keep x fixed for each cusip at the level of the first
observation of fyear.
Do I need to create a new variable or can I adjust my regression formula?
Many thanks in advance.