st: inlist( variable, .a, .b, .c)

Subject   st: inlist( variable, .a, .b, .c)
Date   Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:11:10 -0500

I am trying to manipulate some extended missing values, and found that
a very handy -inlist()- function does not work with them. The
documentation states that the arguments of -inlist- must be either all
strings or all reals. Apparently, the latter category excludes the
system missing values. Of course I can write all of this with
(variable == .a | variable == .b | variable == .c), but the whole idea
of -inlist()- is to avoid these cumbersome statements. That was the
grumble, and the wish is to have -inlist()- support the system missing
values.