Re: st: macro compound double quotes

From   Abhimanyu Arora <>
Subject   Re: st: macro compound double quotes
Date   Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:12:18 +0200

As a follow up I managed to find the right answer (by hit and trial)

local temp1:list clean inclcities
local countcity:word count `temp1'
di `countcity'

So it seems that unless the elements of a macro are minimally adorned,
stata doesn't parse the spaces between the tokens (even if they are
distinguished by compound double quotes)