st: mat list

From   Chiara Mussida <>
Subject   st: mat list
Date   Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:33:29 +0200

Dear all,
i run a reg and i need to use the coefficients for calculations purposes.
After my reg i gen a matrix with my betas:
mat beta=e(b)
this is a 1*k vector of coef.
To use them for my manipulation is it enough to refer to them- such:
beta[1,col] or it is better to gen a scalar for each matrix element?
Does stata save them?

Chiara Mussida
PhD candidate
Doctoral school of Economic Policy