st: xtabond for unbalanced panel data

From   Rituparna Basu <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: xtabond for unbalanced panel data
Date   Tue, 10 Apr 2012 06:29:45 +0000

Dear Statalist scholars,

I am attempting to run the xtabond command in an unbalanced panel data. But I am not sure how should I decide on the # of lags for dependent variable given that it is unbalanced and many of them have only observation. Should I delete those with only one to two observations? Also, is it necessary to mention the maximum # of lags for the dependent variable?
Any advice is highly appreciated!

Thank you !