Re: st: Stata 12 and HLM Software

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 12 and HLM Software
Date   Mon, 9 Apr 2012 17:26:01 -0500

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM, James Stark <> wrote:
> Since upgrading to Stata 12, I no longer have the ability to create an HLM = MDM file using the HLM 6.08 software. I can still run HLM2 models using pre= viously made MDM files but I cannot create new ones. Any thoughts?

Are you using a user-written or official Stata commands? The official
ones should run under version control (e.g., -version 11-). The
user-written software may or may not work under version control; it
may utilize other user-written commands or Mata libraries that are

Stas Kolenikov, also found at