Re: st: Stata 12 and HLM Software

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, "statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 12 and HLM Software
Date   Mon, 09 Apr 2012 16:39:02 -0500

At 02:53 PM 4/9/2012, James Stark wrote:
Hi,

Since upgrading to Stata 12, I no longer have the ability to create an HLM = MDM file using the HLM 6.08 software. I can still run HLM2 models using pre= viously made MDM files but I cannot create new ones. Any thoughts?

Thanks
James

Can you be more specific as to what commands you are giving and what the problem is? e.g. are you getting error messages, or what?

Do you have your old Stata still installed? If so you could use it.

Does hlm read Stata .dta files or something? If so maybe you could save in Stata 9/10 format.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam