st: Comparing AuROCs for same predictor but different outcomes

From   Anna DeBenedetti Rubinsky <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Comparing AuROCs for same predictor but different outcomes
Date   Thu, 5 Apr 2012 14:56:25 -0700

Hello,

We have data from a stratified random sample, with final weights to
account for the sampling design and nonresponse.
We would like to compare AuROCs for a single screening instrument
based on different variants of the outcome (because diagnostic
criteria for the disease of interest are changing).

We have been able to estimate separate AuROCs and CIs using Roger
Newson's somersd command, factoring in the sampling design
(pweight=final weight; cluster=primary sampling unit) per the
suggestion on http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-01/msg00689.html.

However, I am not sure how to compare these AuROCs (from the same
sample) and estimate the CI and p-value for the difference.

The listserve has addressed how to compare AuROCs for two predictors
of the same outcome
(http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2012-01/msg00477.html),
but I have not been able to figure how to compare AuROCs of the same
predictor for two variations of the outcome, especially given that the
data is from a survey with a complex sampling design.

Advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Anna