st: graph with bars inverted for values<1

From   Shehzad Ali <>
To   Stata List <>
Subject   st: graph with bars inverted for values<1
Date   Thu, 5 Apr 2012 10:17:28 +0100 (BST)

Hi Listers,

I have the following bar graph with confidence intervals:

twoway (bar coefficient xvar) (rcap lowerCI upperCI xvar)

I was wondering if its possible:

1. To make a bar graphwith erected bars for values>1 and inverted bars for values <1 with horizontal line at 1. I have odds ratios that I want to represent in this manner.

2. Also, is it possible to add values on top of the bar for the erected bars and just below the inverted bars?