st: Different coefficients for xtivreg2

From   rs.net@me.com
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Different coefficients for xtivreg2
Date   Tue, 03 Apr 2012 23:40:04 +0100

Hi All,

I am having a bit of a problem with the xtivreg2 command. Every time I clear the dataset in Stata's memory and rerun the xtreg2 command, I get different coefficients and test stats. Is that something to be expected or is it being caused by the nature of my dataset?

Sorry if this question sounds too foolish but I am not too familiar with the command.

Thanks!
Rohit