Re: st: Poisson regression with score/scale as DV

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Poisson regression with score/scale as DV
Date   Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:40:49 +0100

That's Austin Nichols' presentation.

The folklore is that -poisson- works well even if the usual
assumptions are not well satisfied. Furthermore, as is customary, the
exact form of marginal distribution of the response is not part of the
assumptions.

So, I would try -poisson-. But since your response (you say DV)  is
also bounded, I would consider dividing by 27 and using -glm,
f(binomial)-. Why stick to one model when you can try two?

Nick