Re: st: Poisson regression with score/scale as DV

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Poisson regression with score/scale as DV
Date   Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:40:49 +0100

That's Austin Nichols' presentation.

The folklore is that -poisson- works well even if the usual
assumptions are not well satisfied. Furthermore, as is customary, the
exact form of marginal distribution of the response is not part of the

So, I would try -poisson-. But since your response (you say DV)  is
also bounded, I would consider dividing by 27 and using -glm,
f(binomial)-. Why stick to one model when you can try two?