st: From: Abhimanyu Arora <abhimanyu.arora1987@gmail.com>

From   owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: From: Abhimanyu Arora <abhimanyu.arora1987@gmail.com>
Date   Mon, 2 Apr 2012 10:01:24 +0200

Dear statalist
My data was in around 50 csv files in one folder. I wanted to merge
the data into a single stata dataset. So I used the following commands
in order to first create 50 stata datasets to be merged.

fs

foreach file in `r(files)' {
insheet using `file'
save `file',replace
clear
}

I now discover that the csv files have strange characters and the data
is not recognizable completely. Do you think it would be possible to
retrieve my data?

Best regards
Abhimanyu