st: reshaping with multiple identifiers

From   Mintewab Bezabih <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: reshaping with multiple identifiers
Date   Sat, 31 Mar 2012 15:00:37 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I was trying to reshape wide my data using the command below:

egen both=group (  year mo ), label
egen new=group ( kebele hhid s25q3 ), label

reshape wide mavg , i(new)  j( both)

my variables are : s25q3   hhid    kebele  year    mo

but while my code runs fine, I just end up with almost no observations in the reshaped file. I would appreciate any suggestion on how I could do this right

many thanks