Re: st: Correcting Multicollinearity

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Correcting Multicollinearity
Date   Thu, 29 Mar 2012 13:56:52 +0200

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Demetris Demetriou wrote me privately:
> Can you say a bit more about designing the data set to correct for multicollinearity? I am at the initial stages of the work so maybe there is something I can do about it.

The convention on Statalist is to respond to the list not privately.
The reason is that others may be following (now or later via the
archive) this discussion and they may have the same question as you
and may want to know the answer. Moreover if I say nonsense on the
list (which occasionally happens), than usually someone else will
(kindly) correct me. This safety mechanism obviously does not exist
for private emails. This convention is discussed in the Statalist FAQ,
a link to which can be found at the bottom of every message on the
statalist.

To answer your question:
<http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-05/msg00182.html>

Hope this helps,