Re: st: RE: Diagnostic results of ivreg2

From   Abekah Nkrumah <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Diagnostic results of ivreg2
Date   Thu, 29 Mar 2012 01:22:01 +0100

Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your mail. Yes what i meant was that the test
failed to reject the null hypothesis that the regressor is exogenous.
If i do get your argument, your point is that I may be better of
interpreting the consistent but biased IV estimates compared to the
precise but possibly inconsistent OLS.

But is it possible that the failure to reject the null that the
regressor is endogenous could be symptoms of weak instruments? which
could make the biase in the IV estimates bigger than the OLS.

Thank you very much and will appreciate your thoughts on this.

Regards
Gordon