Re: st: ranking variables on the basis of total values of observations

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ranking variables on the basis of total values of observations
Date   Wed, 28 Mar 2012 23:22:15 +0100

If I understand your problem correctly, it is that of -rowranks-.

See also for a review in that territory

SJ-9-1  pr0046  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Speaking Stata: Rowwise
        (help rowsort, rowranks if installed) . . . . . . . . . . .  N. J. Cox
        Q1/09   SJ 9(1):137--157
        shows how to exploit functions, egen functions, and Mata
        for working rowwise; rowsort and rowranks are introduced

This is now accessible to all at
http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=pr0046
under the Stata Journal's three-year window.

Nick