st: twoway bar

From   ofran almossawi <>
Subject   st: twoway bar
Date   Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:29:11 +0100

I have done a two way bar plot but stata keeps stacking the bars and the sd
lines on top of each other instead of laying all four columns side by side.

I have compared the pain scores of two groups of patients post caesarean
section, before and after taking their pain medications. The sm group take
their own pain killers, and the nsm group are given the painkillers by the

This is the code that I used:

twoway (bar meanpain group) (rcap  upper_pain lower_pain group) (bar
meanmed group) (rcap  upper_med lower_med group), by(group)

i'm not sure where i'm going wrong with this.

many thanks