Re: st: How to find extreme values

From   San K <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to find extreme values
Date   Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:42:04 +1100

I normally calculate the standard deviation and mean. Then you can
define what your extreme points are. For example, you can see anything
< (mean-4*SD) or >  (mean + 4*SD) is an extreme value.

I don't know Stata code much but in SPSS you can simply calculate the
mean & SD by aggregation command without really aggregating your data
set. Hope you can do similar.