Re: st: Pstest bias reduction

From   Adam Olszewski <>
Subject   Re: st: Pstest bias reduction
Date   Tue, 27 Mar 2012 00:41:11 -0400

I like -pbalchk- more informative in this regard, since
statistic-based tests (such as t-test) have been criticized for their
dependence on sample size.
-pbalchk- reports only standardized differences and can explicitly
handle categorical variables.

I don't however find documentation in the help file if it uses the
same formulas for categorical as listed in PC Austin's tutorial:

I also found that -pbalchk- can give different results if a large
number of variables is tested at the same time vs. if variables are
tested separately, I am not sure why.