st: Append new row to existing matrix

From   "Sandy Y. Zhu" <>
Subject   st: Append new row to existing matrix
Date   Sat, 24 Mar 2012 19:11:01 -0400

Hi guys:

How can I append a new row to an existing matrix? Basically, I'm
trying to update the matrix in a loop,

I have:

for i=1 to 900
{reg y x1 x2 x3
mat beta=e(b)

append e(b) to an existing matrix}

Basically, I  have 900 regressions to run, and I  need to save the
beta values from each regression. I would like to save them all in a
matrix, so the first row in the matrix saves the betas from the 1st
regression, the 2nd row would save the coefficients from the 2nd
regression, etc....

Thank you!

Yours sincerely,

Sandy Y. Zhu