Re: st: playing with coefficients

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: playing with coefficients
Date   Sat, 24 Mar 2012 08:45:50 -0400

On Mar 24, 2012, at 2:33 AM, Chiara wrote:

> Occupation takes the values from 1 to 7, therefore by using
> i.occupation I get 7 coefs. i.fem is instead a dummy variable (fem==1
> if female, 0 otherwise). The use of both i.occupation and i.fem
> therefore gives me the coefs for female. How do I get the one for male
> (fem==0)?

The -margins- command can calculate all of these conditional means for you if you use i., c. and # or ## in specifying the equation.

It would help if you would post the result of estimating the equation I suggested.

                             An Introduction to Stata Programming  |