Re: st: playing with coefficients

From   Chiara Mussida <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: playing with coefficients
Date   Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:28:59 +0100

Sure, I did not state the meaning of playing with coefs from different
models. The reg are wage equations by gender and occupations. All
those info will be needed to compute an overall wage decomposition
across (obviously) gender and all the occupational cats.

Anyway, statsby seems to be the solutio. I'm going more in detail

Thanks

On 23/03/2012, Chiara Mussida <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I'm running 14 reg from the same dataset, e.g. master.dta:
>
> reg lwage pexper pexpersq edu1 edu2 edu3 child12 married northw northe
> centre south ftc partime d09
>
> by gender and 7 occuaptional categories.
>
> How should I store the coefficient of each regression and play with
> them (sum; product, etc) at the end of the overall "running" of 14
> reg? I know that Stata stores only the latest coefs with the command
> "estimate store", but the point is that I have also to use the
> previous, or better, all the coef of all the 14 reg. I'm also aware
> that I should save the results with a different name, like "estimate
> save model1", etc. but thereafter I won't have all the coefs in the
> same master file. I indeed need to have all these info together in the
> master file (since it contains relevant info to be used for playing
> with coefs).
>
> Thanks you All
> chiara

Chiara Mussida