RE: st: xtivreg2 query

Subject   RE: st: xtivreg2 query
Date   Fri, 23 Mar 2012 00:38:58 -0000

Bonnie,

This is very odd.  Neither -xtivreg2- nor -ivreg28- has an error message that says "option partial() not allowed"; this must be being generated by Stata for some reason.

I don't have a Stata 8.2 around but I tried mimicking your installation with Stata 9.2 and couldn't reproduce it.

Maybe try

set trace on

and then

xtivreg2 growth5 ef loggroups, fe

This will display the commands that are being executed by -xtivreg2-, line by line.  If you could post the lines just before Stata crashes with the error message, we might be able to work out what is going wrong.

--Mark