st: Re: finding a word within a string variable in Stata 12

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Re: finding a word within a string variable in Stata 12
Date   Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:21:46 +0000

I haven't tried to see what doesn't work with the regex machinery
because this problem seems to call only for

gen construction = strpos(sic, "construction") > 0

Nick