st: using estimates coefficients

From   Chiara Mussida <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: using estimates coefficients
Date   Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:24:27 +0100

Dear All,
I run (7) different equations, simple reg command. I now have to play
with the coefficient estimates of each equation, _b[name]

Each of the 7 estimates have been carried out and stored with diffrent
names (model1,..., model7). I now must sum the coefficients of each
regressors of the different models, like the sum of _b[age] for all
the 7 models.

How should I compute (manually) this sum across all the models?
_b[age] model1 + _b[age] model2 + ... + _b[age] model7

I will have also to include the mean values of each characteristics,
but for this it is enough to gen an ad hoc variable for each case.

Chiara Mussida
PhD candidate
Doctoral school of Economic Policy
Catholic University, Piacenza (Italy)