st: Keeping an entire cell based on an observation taking a particular value

From   Dooruj Rambaccussing <dooruj.rambaccussing@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Keeping an entire cell based on an observation taking a particular value
Date   Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:33:40 +0000

Hello,

I am a beginner to stata. I was wondering if someone can help me with
the following issue:

I got a dataset with an id and time, and certain observations say X1,
X2 ...... Xk. My variable  Xk has got missing values. I would like to
keep an id when a certain condition holds, suppose Xk(t) ==1, and I
would also like to keep the missing obs. Can anyone help me with this
?

Thank you very much,