Re: st: Longitudinal sampling (many waves)

Subject   Re: st: Longitudinal sampling (many waves)
Date   Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:29:13 -0400

Larry Ernst of BLS made some highly technical contributions to the
problem of sampling from frames that change over time; see
http://www.google.com/search?q=ernst+sample+overlap. I don't know if
it is relevant to Laurie's request, but there are some highly
sophisticated techniques that ensure that the sample is as efficient
(I hate the word "representative", as it does not really mean
anything) with respect to the contemporaneous population as possible.