Re: st: esttab error - too many base levels specified

From   Richard Herron <richard.c.herron@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: esttab error - too many base levels specified
Date   Mon, 19 Mar 2012 12:21:30 -0400

My (naive) understanding of this issue is that using the -i- prefix to
generate dummies on the fly can create different base level years in
each regression.

My general solution is to generate the dummies outside of the
regression, then drop the dummies from the -esttab- output with the
-indicate()- option. If all of my year dummies have the prefix
"year_", then I would use -indicate(year FE = year_* o.year_*)-.

Although the -eststo- package is common, please provide the the source
for user-written packages. Here -esttab- is from the -eststo- package
on SSC. It helps in troubleshooting.

HTH. Please give this a try and let us know. Also, I am interested in
solutions from more sophisticated users.