Re: st: margins and xtmixed - revised

From   Joerg Luedicke <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: margins and xtmixed - revised
Date   Fri, 16 Mar 2012 07:11:15 -0700

You should plot the trajectories for each of your treatment groups.
Then you can immediately see whether there are any differences across
treatment arms or not. Whether these differences will be statistically
significant will then simply be a matter of your sample size, study
set-up, quality of measurements, observed/not observed covariates etc.

However, if you really need a test, you want to have some kind of
hypothesis. Your test is relatively unspecific: it tells you whether
there is at least one difference between treatment arms at one given
point in time.

Anyway, I would say plot your trajectories and put confidence bands around them.

J.