Re: st: -kdensity- problem

From   Joerg Luedicke <joerg.luedicke@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: -kdensity- problem
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:50:06 -0700

Usually, the grid is wider than the range of the actual data points. I
am not sure which method -kdensity- uses but it is probably something
related to the bandwidth. It looks like you have a boundary at zero in
which case grid points below zero are not desired. I would recommend
using Ben Jann's -kdens-, available from SSC (-ssc des kdens-). With
-kdens- you can define lower and upper bounds for your density to be
estimated (see -help kdens- after installed).

J.