st: -kdensity- problem

From   "Ivica Rubil" <irubil@eizg.hr>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: -kdensity- problem
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:38:18 +0100

Dear all,

One of the options for -kdensity- is -generate(newvarx,newvard)- where newvarx will contain the points at which the density is estimated. After I run the command, part of these points are negative values in spite of the fact that the variable whose density I'm trying to estimate takes on positive values only (income). Can anyone tell me why is that so, and what can I do to fix it (if it needs to be fixed at all)?

Ivica

--
Ivica Rubil
Ekonomski institut || The Institute of Economics, Zagreb