st: eliminating reference category lines using esttab

From   Colleen Nugent <>
Subject   st: eliminating reference category lines using esttab
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2012 12:28:51 -0400 (EDT)

After running some regressions using factor variable notation (i.varname), I'm using the esttab command to make a table in Excel using the following code:
esttab using Filename.csv, eform wide p(3) scalars(F p df_m N_subpop)

The output in Excel includes lines for each reference category when my variables have more than just two categories and it includes the odds ratio 1.00 for each.  However, when I run these regressions without storing the estimates and sending them to Excel, I don't get extra lines for reference categories in the output window.

I want to eliminate the reference category lines in my Excel output.  In the version of Stata I was using prior to 12.1 (10.1), I never got Excel output that included reference category lines unless I asked for it using the refcat option.  (Incidentally, according to the manual for 12.1, refcat is no longer an option for esttab.)  I tried "norefcat," which gave me an error, and I also tried an option listed in the manual under esttab called "nolines."  I still got the extra reference category lines when I used this option.

Does anyone know how to eliminate the extra lines for the reference categories in the Excel output using esttab?
Thanks in advance!