st: ldecomp with weights and mi estimate

From   Lauren Beresford <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: ldecomp with weights and mi estimate
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:08:32 +0000

Dear Statalisters,

I am trying to use ldecomp to decompose direct and indirect effects on a mi svyset dataset. The syntax for ldecomp indicates I can use pweights (see page 11), but I get error messages when I try to run the command with the weight options.  The command runs without the weight options.

mi estimate, cmdok: ldecomp mgr [pweight=wtsurvy], direct(female) indirect(hrswk) nobootstrap   macro e(cmd) is not setmatrix e(V) is not set

Am I doing something wrong, or is just not possible to use both weights and mi estimate with ldecomp?

ldecomp depvar [control_var1 [...]] [if] [in] [weight], direct(varname)               indirect(varlist) [at(control_var1 # [; control_var2 #] [...]) obspr               predpr predodds or rindirect normal range(# #) nip(#) interactions               nolegend nodecomp nobootstrap bootstrap_options]

Kind regards,Lauren Beresford
Doctoral CandidateUC Berkeley, Sociology