Re: st: logit with iweight

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: logit with iweight
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:20:24 +0100

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Bontempo, Daniel E wrote:
> I found iewights does not change the reported N for logit regression, although the desired weighting is reflected in point estimates. As a result, when adding CoxSnell R2 to stored results, the wrong N is used for calculation.

To quote -help weight-:

 "iweights have no formal statistical definition; any command that
supports iweights will define exactly how they are treated.  Usually,
they are intended for use by programmers who want to produce a certain

So you probably don't want to use iweights anyhow.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen