st: RE: influential cases - xtnbreg

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: influential cases - xtnbreg
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:46:48 +0000

You don't say whether these are outliers in the response or predictors or both.

The easiest way to approach this is just to compare results with and without. A more formal method is to consider using indicator variables for the outliers as extra predictors.

I have identified  some outliers in my dataset but now I want to know whether they are influential points as well.

There are plenty of ways to do this using regress but I am using xtnbreg and so far I did not come across any test like the Cook's test that applies to xtnbreg. Can someone suggest how should I proceed?