st: xtlsdvc with lagged x variables

From   Michael Hanslmaier <>
Subject   st: xtlsdvc with lagged x variables
Date   Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:41:50 +0100

I'm working on different TSCS-Datasets (T=15 N=16 to 96) and I want to develop models that explain crime rates on the macro level.

Modeling the dynamics leads to a ADL (autroregressive distributed lag) model that contain a lagged dependent variable (LDV) and lags of some of the independent variables (y_it= y_it-1 + x_it + x_it-1 + z_it + Unit-Dummies + Time-Dummies). As Fixed Effects and LDV lead to the Nickell-Bias I apply the xtlsdvc command.

My question is: Does xtlsdvc-command also work in an ADL setting with lags of independent variables ?

Thank you very much and best regards

Michael Hanslmaier