st: Mac OS X: shell v. xshell

From   Mustafa Hirji <mustafa.hirji@mail.utoronto.ca>
To   "<statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Mac OS X: shell v. xshell
Date   Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:54:28 +0000

I am running StataSE on Mac OS X 10.7.3.

I find that whether I run "shell" or "xshell", it invokes the X11 shell. My understanding was that "shell" would invoke the Terminal instead of the X11 shell (which is why "xshell" exists as a distinct command).

http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?shell

Have I misunderstood? Is there a way to invoke Terminal rather than X11? I realize that in most cases this doesn't matter, but I would find it more convenient to invoke Terminal.

Thanks for your help.

											Mustafa Hirji