st: using binary_mediation with mim2

From   Francesca Pesola <>
Subject   st: using binary_mediation with mim2
Date   Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:52:15 +0000

I need to use the binary_mediation command on my imputed data to estimate
 the mediation direct and indirect effects

I first run the command

mim2: binary_mediation, dv () iv() mv()

But I received the following message:

command binary not recognised by mim; try specifying category option

So I used the -combine-catgegory option as follows

mim2, category(combine) est(e(effect)): binary_mediation, dv(varlist) mv(varlist) iv(varlist)

However, this does not produce the expected output

Also, when I include the bootstrap command:

mim2, category(combine) est(_b[_cons]) se(_se[_cons]): bootstrap r(indir_1) r(tot_ind) r(dir_eff) r(tot_eff), /// reps(500): binary_mediation, dv(varlist) mv(varlist) iv(varlist)

I receive the following message which suggests that bootstrapping is not supported:

prefix bootstrap not allowed after mim

Can anyone suggest how to best proceed?