Re: st: Test for structural break in panel

From   Christoph Engel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Test for structural break in panel
Date   Sat, 10 Mar 2012 10:45:45 +0100

Dear David,

Do you have a theoretical reason to expect that the time trend has a kink at one point, for the entire panel? Then you could simply (1) generate a dummy that is 1 for all observations after the expected point in time (2) control for time, the dummy, and time interacted with the dummy. If the interaction term is significant, this shows that there is indeed the expected kink.

Christoph