st: nbreg & vce(opg) don't work together

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   st: nbreg & vce(opg) don't work together
Date   Sat, 10 Mar 2012 00:45:44 -0500

I am trying to replicate some analyses originally done in Stata 9. In Stata 12 I can't get the vce(opg) option to work with nbreg, e.g.

use, clear
nbreg deaths i.cohort, nolog
nbreg deaths i.cohort, nolog vce(opg)
version 9: xi: nbreg deaths i.cohort, nolog vce(opg)

The -vce(opg)- is ignored in all cases, i.e. I just get the regular standard errors. If I actually fire up my old copy of Stata 9, though, the -vce(opg)- option works. Is this a bug that crept into Stata somewhere along the way, or am I doing something wrong?

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu